Thursday, February 10, 2011

Resolution Run 5k

On 1/1/11 (yea, talk about way over due post), my friends & I ran in the Resolution Run in Hillsborough.  The Resolution Run is a great beginner run and everyone is extraordinarily supportive of your participation, whether you run or walk it.  This is about starting a new year on a healthy path.  It was a particularly beautiful, warm day.

After checking in, we hung around trying to shake off our nerves.  Take a look at the bib number I was lucky enough to wear.  Seriously, all I was thinking is I really hope this isn't a sign of what is to come during the run.

The run takes you through a neighborhood and many of the residents are outside their homes cheering the runners on.  Dave brought the girls and cheered me on as I past them at a few different checkpoints.  Seeing their faces definitely helped power me through the run.  Knowing they were awaiting my crossing the finish line was motivation enough.

I crossed the finish line at 45:00min.  Not a time that a "real runner" would be proud of, but I was incredibly proud of myself.  Considering I could barely run a mile in HS (well, I never really tried either), the fact that I can run 3.1 miles without stopping is something to be proud of.

Next 5k... March 26th.  And my goal is to beat 45:00.

No comments:

Post a Comment