Monday, February 14, 2011

Recipe Swap :: Artichoke Chicken

One of the message boards that I am on had a recipe swap organized by one of our members.  We all had to submit a recipe and then randomly received one back.  This swap's rules were that it had to be a crockpot meal OR prepped and prepared within 30 minutes.

I submitted a recipe from Rachael Ray's No Recipe Zone for Chicken Pot Pie that Dave and I loved!  

The recipe that I received was Artichoke Chicken.  I was really excited to get a recipe that was not something that we would have normally chosen to cook.  It was also a very quick and easy dinner to prepare and toss in the oven.  Those are our favorite kind of dinners.  Artichokes are one ingredient that you will rarely find in our kitchen.  I am very intimidated by them, but when they are prepared for me I absolutely love them.  

ARTICHOKE CHICKEN
INGREDIENTS
1 (15 ounce) can artichoke hearts, drained and chopped
3/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
3/4 cup mayonnaise
1 pinch garlic pepper
4 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
In a medium bowl, mix together the artichoke hearts, Parmesan cheese, mayonnaise, and garlic pepper. Place chicken in a greased baking dish, and cover evenly with artichoke mixture.
Bake, uncovered, for 30 minutes in the preheated oven, or until chicken is no longer pink in the center and juices run clear.
I forgot to take a picture of the dish!  I have to keep my camera in the kitchen so I can take a quick pic but usually the fragrance of our dinner is making our mouths water and we dig in and then it's too late!
We really enjoyed this dish.  The only modification that I would make next time is to bread the chicken in panko or other breadcrumbs just to give it a little crunch!  Overall, we really enjoyed this dish especially because it was something different for us.

No comments:

Post a Comment