Absolutely delicious! I made a few variations to the recipe and am glad I did. This was an absolutely delicious and filling chowder and will definitely be added to the frequently made recipes.
Adapted from Stacie N. on hubpages
- 1 tsp. olive oil
- 1 small onion, diced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 red pepper, diced (I added this to the recipe)
- 10 ounces frozen corn
- 3-4 small sweet potatoes, peeled and diced
1 cup water1 cup chicken broth (I changed)
- 1/4 tsp. paprika
- salt & pepper to taste
- 2 tbs. flour
- 2 cups 1% milk
- Saute onion, red pepper, and garlic in oil over medium heat, for two minutes
- Add corn, potatoes, chicken broth, salt, pepper, and paprika. Bring to a boil on high heat.
- Once it boils, reduce heat to medium. Cook, covered, about 10 minutes or until potatoes are tender.
- In a small bowl, whisk flour into 1/2 cup of the milk, until smooth.
- Gradually add the flour and milk mixture to the vegetables, stirring constantly.
- Continue to stir as you add the rest of the milk, cooking until soup boils and thickens.
- If desired, use a stick blender for about 5-10 seconds to blend. (I added this step as well. I think it gave it that extra blend of the flavors melding together!)