Friday, October 7, 2011

Pasta with Broccoli, Tomato & Garlic Oil

Even since I was pregnant with my first daughter, the teeniest amount of tomato sauce will send me on a hunt for some form of antacid.  So I try to avoid it as much as possible or at the very least, limit how much we do cook with it. My husband suggested a pasta dish with garlic oil this week. I created this dish entirely on my own and was very proud of the results.

Ingredients:


Garlic Oil:

  • 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
  • 3 garlic cloves, minced
  • fresh ground black pepper
  • 1 tsp. salt
  • 1/2 tsp red pepper flakes (or to taste)
  • 1lb. pasta
  • 1 broccoli floret
  • 2 tomatoes, diced
  • parmesan cheese, for sprinkling
In a saute pan, heat the olive oil with garlic, salt, black pepper and red pepper flakes.  Remove from heat after about 8-10 minutes, once the garlic is golden.  Set aside.

Boil water for the pasta.  Add the broccoli to the boiling water two-three minutes before the pasta.  Drain pasta and broccoli.  Toss with tomatoes & oil in a large bowl.  Sprinkle with parmesan cheese and serve.


No comments:

Post a Comment