- Apples, washed and quartered
- juice from half a lemon
- bowl of ice water
- ground cinnamon
- sugar, if desired
- Preheat oven to 225 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with parchment and place a footed cooling rack on top of the parchment. Fill a bowl with ice water and squeeze the juice from half a lemon.
- Cut each apple into quarters, removing the seeds. Slice apple quarters thinly. (I used a mandolin on the thickest setting) Place the slices in the water as soon as they are cut. Keep them in the water until the oven has been preheated. Once the apples are ready to bake, blot dry and arrange in a single layer on the baking sheet. Sprinkle with cinnamon, sugar, or a combination of, if desired. I did use a very light sprinkling of sugar, but honestly, will forgo the sugar next time. The cinnamon was more than enough for flavor
- Bake the apples at 250 degrees for about 2 1/2 to 3 hours. The apples will darken and shrink. Let the apples cool. The chips should crisp up. If they are not dry & crispy, return to the oven for another 30 minutes.
- Store in an air-tight container. Chips should last about five to seven days, but they will probably all be eaten before that.
About 4 apples worth of apple chips!