Friday, April 8, 2011

Fajita Burgers

We planned on having burgers this week, but the weather hasn't been very cooperative to grill outside on the days we planned them.  Just a plain ol' cheeseburger wasn't sounding extremely appealing tonight especially since they would be baked in the toaster oven so I turned to FoodNetwork for some ideas....

and was very happy with my decision, as was my husband.

Beef Fajita Burgers by Rachael Ray

  • 1 1/3 pounds ground sirloin
  • 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce 
  • 1 tablespoons chili powder
  • 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cumin
  • 2 to 3 tablespoons fresh picked thyme leaves, several sprigs
  • Several drops hot sauce - I used Crystal
  • 1 tablespoon grill seasoning (recommended: Montreal Steak Seasoning by McCormick)
  • Extra-virgin olive oil, for drizzling
I baked them in the toaster oven on 350ºF for about 25 minutes.  These were cooked thoroughly and perhaps just a little too well done for my taste.  But the beef was juicy and quite delicious.  I topped them with a little bit of cheese & salsa (I love, love, love Wegman's Pineapple Salsa).  Accompanied with baked seasoned fries, this was one deliciously unexpected meal!


No comments:

Post a Comment