Friday, July 20, 2012

Rugged Maniac Tri State

This past weekend, I participated in Rugged Maniac with my husband and his company.
This hasn't been our first rodeo, but it was by far our most favorite.  Last year we competed in Warrior Dash in Albrightsville, PA and Rugged Maniac in Brooklyn, NY, but this was by far our favorite mud run by far.

Rugged Maniac Tri State was held at Raceway Park, a venue near and dear to my heart.  I worked there once upon a time as a teenage parking attendant back when the parking lot was a dirt field.

So this 5k included mud, a water slide, cargo nets, wooden barricades, mud, hills, barbed wire, more mud, fire and mud.  It began on the racetrack and then quickly dropped us onto one of the motocross courses, which was chock full of rolling hills.  The best obstacle by far was this huge waterslide that ended with a huge puddle of mucky water.  Dave, two friends and myself all went down together, screaming and laughing on the way down.  Seriously I felt like I was 6 years old again.

Our finishing time was 59:36.  My goal was to have fun and enjoy the day with a great group of people.  You can see below that we accomplished that goal!






No comments:

Post a Comment