Tuesday, July 10, 2012

it's been a long time...

I've come to the realization that I should have blogged more about my journey and taken more pictures. But blogging takes a lot of time.  However, I decided now more than ever to get posting and help inspire those around me to jump on the health and fitness bandwagon if not for anyone but themselves and to feel good.

It's not that I will forget this journey, but being able to look back to see my progress in stages would have been awesome.  I tell everyone when they start their journey to take pictures & measurements.  I should learn to practice what I preach.

Speaking of PRs.  I ran two 5ks in the late Spring.  My goal was to run a sub 33 minute 5k which I had no problem doing.  Currently, my PR is 31:34 which was set at the Hillsborough Hop on June 2nd, 2012.  And that, of course, has led me to wanting to run a sub 30 minute 5k, which I know I can do.

A few weeks ago, I was featured on the Philly Blurb's Biggest Loser's blog as part of the "Losing It On Their Own" series which features real life people who lost weight, but gained a healthy lifestyle in return.  Being interviewed by Jen was a complete honor as I look forward to her articles on the current episodes of The Biggest Loser.  It felt more like a conversation than an interview.  My story can be read here.


No comments:

Post a Comment