Monday, January 24, 2011

Couch to 5k

I started the Couch to 5k running program back in September.  I was really skeptical that it wouldn't work. However, I got through weeks 1, 2 & 3 with much success and then the weekend of Halloween, I was stricken with my very first running injury. After one of my week 4 runs, I either misstepped or strained something in my knee and had to hobble my way home not even 5 minutes into my walk.  My husband knew something was wrong when I couldn't even look at him because of the disappointment I had in myself.

Upset and worried about not being able to finish my training, I decided I couldn't let this stop me from achieving a goal.  I bought a knee brace which I wore religiously and within a week and a half, my knee felt completely better.  Still wearing the brace, I got right back into my training and was feeling stronger than ever.

I completed my training the middle of December.  What an absolutely awesome feeling it was.  I didn't think I could do it.  And if I can do it, anyone really can.

No comments:

Post a Comment