Friday, October 5, 2012

We all have struggles

Whether it's fitting in workouts, fighting off cravings, or dealing with other life stresses, we all have struggles.  It's how we deal with those struggles that can make or break a lifestyle.  It's important to recognize a struggle and find a way to deal with it in a positive way.  And it's okay to ask for help or advice; infact that's probably the best approach.

My biggest struggle is eating at night.  I wind down at night and find myself hungry.  Rather than pushing the hunger feeling off, I rummage through the cabinets for a snack.  

When I first began this journey, I worked out with The Biggest Loser on XBox Kinect which goes beyond just fitness.  It includes tips from trainers and past contestants as well as challenges.  One of the challenges was to not take second helpings at mealtimes.  Another was not to snack at night which I was doing well.  

In order to deal with my struggle, I do a few things to avoid late night snacking.  
  • Stock the house with fruits, veggies, trail mix (be careful!), and other healthy snacks
  • Don't buy chips, ice cream, and other unhealthy snacks.
  • Drink water first.  Usually it's a thirst cue and not hunger.
  • Go to bed!
  • Read a book or do something else to take your mind off of it.
  • Revise your food intake during the day.
We can all do this!  Challenges are their to test us.  Prove that you can take those challenges and kick it! 

No comments:

Post a Comment