Monday, August 26, 2013

me, the runner, she's back!

Over the spring, I joined a local boot camp class.  It was a great workout three mornings a week.  It never felt like 6am and I really enjoyed not having to think about what I was actually going to do on those mornings, but just show up and give 150%.  But I didn't have the time to invest in running.

Working out twice on Mondays and Wednesdays (boot camp and teaching indoor cycling), boot camp on Fridays, plus going to spin on Tuesdays and Thursdays and getting my daughters to their activities, it was hard to fit it all in.

Over the last few months, I would run a few miles on the weekends, but with our family's get togethers and social calendar, I could never fit in more than 2-3 miles at a given time.  Although, for my husband's birthday, he wants to run a 10k. Given that I haven't run more than 4 miles since April, this is going to be a stretch.

I went out for a run on Saturday morning and started strong, but quickly fell back.  Feeling awful, I was determined to get back out on Sunday morning.  And that I did.  A 5 mile run on the D&R Canal Trail. It was a beautiful, scenic run along the Raritan River on the towpath.  My goal was to finish under an hour and I hit mile 5 at 54min.  I was really pleased with my run.  I really needed that confidence boost because many times I get in my own head and beat myself down.  This was a great way to end the weekend and start a new week!


Last night, I was catching up on Pinterest and this came on my newsfeed.  And I thought it was perfect for this past weekend and how I felt on Saturday, but was able to overcome it on Sunday.



No comments:

Post a Comment